Monday, March 10, 2014

Here's my check from the Onion

Almost too cool to cash: a $45 check from The Onion.

I'm still debating whether or not to cash this: it's a $45 check from The Onion, and just as I had hoped, it has the slogan "America's Finest News Source" written on it. To me, this is a really cool little pop culture collectible. I also haven't decided whether I'm going to try to pitch any further stories to them. It was something I had wanted to do for a while. Now, I've done it, and I kind of want to leave it at that, like I just crossed off another item on my personal bucket list. I actually don't have a pop culture bucket list (and I didn't even see the movie), but that would have been on there. Maybe I can try to win the New Yorker caption contest or something. I was a finalist once and then kind of gave up on it. The late Roger Ebert stuck with the contest and, after many attempts, finally won. Maybe I should follow his example. I don't know.